Questions and answers on copy and paste
There are two problems with this: a lack of free combinations at the keyboard and impossibility to remember a lot of shortcuts. Flashpaste supports one mechanism that allows you to work very fast - for more details, see our online help
You should copy Flashpaste database to other PC. Go to the File->Options->Databases tab, there you can find path to the database file. Go to that folder, and copy .db file to other PC.
- Open Flashpaste Main Window
- Select File -> Options...
- Go to 'Databases' tab
- Hit 'Copy and switch...' button and specify new path
- Hit 'OK'
Backup is just a zip archive containing a Flashpaste database and a configuration file. So, you should do the following steps:
- Close Flashpaste (File -> Terminate Flashpaste or Exit in tray menu).
- Extract files from backup archive into the "C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\flashpaste\" folder for Windows XP or into the "C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\flashpaste\" folder for Windows 7\Vista.
- Run Flashpaste.
Yes, it works.
You should keep Flashpaste icon active in the system tray. There is no way to correct determine target window for pasting, if you firstly click on tray button to expand tray tools.
You can copy string using drag&drop with Ctrl key pressed.
You can add string to any of your folders and then drag and drop it to the empty space below all folders at the root.
You should use %Print()% macro.